Would you like to learn how “Advanced Design Systems” work which are used in electronic design technology? After successful completion of this course, students understand the working principles of analog and digital circuit simulation techniques. In addition, you will learn to set up as well as to stream-line circuit simulations.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the simulation tool "Advanced Design System"
- Flexible blended learning format
- Study while you work
Dates / Location / Cost
|01.04.2022 - 30.09.2022|
Course ID: UUL_SST_ADS_202204
|Ulm & online||780,00 €|
Institution and Location
School of Advanced Professional Studies Ulm University
University of Ulm
Target Audience and Prerequisites
This programme is aimed at bachelor, diploma or state examination graduates with solid basic knowledge in an engineering subject, technical computer science or physics, who would like to deal intensively with issues relating to sensor technology and systems engineering.
Prerequisite is a first university degree e.g. bachelor, diploma, state examination etc. in a technical subject. Students should have knowledge of Analog Design Skills at Bachelor level and some understanding of S-parameters is helpful.
Content and Learning Objectives
- The ADS project structure
- Setting up, performing and simplifying schematics simulations
- Using the data display
- Understanding ADS data structures
- Measurement Equations
- Optimizing circuits with the help of ADS
- (Semi-) automatic layout generation
- 2D electromagnetic simulation
- Exporting the layout
The online study takes place in self-study and in the form of group work. For self-study, video lectures are available, which clearly present the course content, and a detailed script.
The reader-friendly script is prepared according to the didactic concept of the University of Ulm for part-time participants: it contains, for example, learning stops, multiple-choice questions, exercises, etc.
Your mentor will offer online seminars in periodic intervals. These seminars will help you to handle the exercises and work on the learning topics. An online forum for exchange with the other participants will also be available.
Upon successful completion of the course program, participants will be able to:
- understand the simulation tool “Advanced Design System”
- set up as well as to stream-line circuit simulations
- employ ADS in high-frequency layout
- used to ADS data structures and recognize ways to fully exploit their composition
- to critically evaluate and question simulation results
Course Format, Certification, Quality Assurance
Upon successful completion of the programme you will receive a certificate as well as a supplement that lists the contents of the course as an overview.
The course program requires a total of 120 hours of workload.
Deutsch / English
Dates and Deadlines
Dr.-Ing. Christoph Bromberger, lecturer at the University of Ulm