This course will provide building designers with knowledge of PV and PVT and enable them to use Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV) solutions in their building design. Similarly the course will provide solar engineers with the understanding of the requirements for BIPV products seen from the buildings perspective. The participants will also be presented with principles and safety matters for photovoltaic installations as well as being able to estimate the energy generated from a BIPV installation and how this energy impacts the energy frame for the building. Please note that this reservation is only to buy the certificate and not to participate in the course. To join the course please register through this webpage.
Termine / Veranstaltungsort / Kosten
Veranstalter und Veranstaltungsort
VeranstalterUniversity of Freiburg
Department of Sustainable Systems Engineering - INATECH
Zielgruppe und Voraussetzungen
ZielgruppePre-career and continuing education PV professionals
TeilnahmevoraussetzungenPlease note that this reservation is only to buy the certificate and not to participate in the course. To join the course please register through this webpage.
Inhalte und Lernziele
InhalteThis course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to building integrated photovoltaics
- BIPV products
- BIPV systems
- Appearance of BIPV systems
- Course round off
LernzieleAfter finishing the course, participants should be able to:
- Explain how BIPV contributes to nearly zero energy buildings and classify BIPV products and applications.
- Identify how a BIPV project interfaces with the building process.
- Understand the design process of a BIPV product.
- Be able to plan a BIPV system.
- Differentiate between marginal and absolute costs for BIPV.
- Analyse methods for coloration and improved appearance.
- Describe glare.
Format, Abschluss, Qualitätssicherung
Lehr- / Lernformat
Termine und Fristen
AnmeldefristBooking of the certificate is possible all year round.
Assoc. prof. Sergiu V. Spataru