Photovoltaic Metrology – Sophisticated Methods to Determine the Quality of PV Modules and Plants. This course covers measurement of global, direct and indirect radiation, solar module power in the lab and at site,as well as thermography. Please note that this reservation is only to buy the certificate and not to participate in the course. To join the course please register through this webpage.
Termine / Veranstaltungsort / Kosten
Veranstalter und Veranstaltungsort
VeranstalterUniversity of Freiburg
Department of Sustainable Systems Engineering - INATECH
Zielgruppe und Voraussetzungen
ZielgruppePre-career and continuing education PV professionals
TeilnahmevoraussetzungenPlease note that this reservation is only to buy the certificate and not to participate in the course. To join the course please register through this webpage.
Inhalte und Lernziele
InhalteThis course covers the following topics:
- Why outdoor evaluation? Overview of the course, some PV basics
- Measurement of global, direct and indirect radiation
- Measurement of solar module power in the lab
- Measurement of solar module power at site
- Thermography (Principle, emission factor, Planck´s law, bright and dark thermography, determination of the state of solar modules…)
- Indoor Electroluminescence measurements (Principle of measurement, Examples of ELphotos, low-cost-EL, time-efficient setup for low-cost-EL)
- Outdoor Electroluminescence measurements (Principle of measurement, Examples of ELphotos, low-cost-outdoor-EL, time-efficient setup for lowcost-EL, PID-detection)
- String-dark-iv-technology (Motivation, measurement method, detection of PID, detection of defect bypass-diodes, detection of defect strings)
- Dark2Bright-technology (Motivation, principle, advantages and limitations of the method, analytical approach, AI-approach)
LernzieleAfter finishing the course, participants should be able to:
- Know, which measuring method is the suitable one to check solar modules and whole plants.
- Explain, how techniques like thermography and electroluminescence can be used to detect failures in modules and plants.
- Understand, how even low-cost-outdoor-EL-techniques can be valuable methods to analyse module failures in detail.
- Describe, how the Dark-IV-Characteristic-Curve-Method accelerates and simplifies the failures examination of PV-strings.
- Students should have an overview and an insight to PV-quality measurement techniques and are able to choose the appropriate method
Format, Abschluss, Qualitätssicherung
Lehr- / Lernformat
Termine und Fristen
AnmeldefristBooking of the certificate is possible all year round.