The course treats the physics of solar radiation, solar geometry, the way solar radiation is distributed over time and space, the different ways to measure solar radiation, solar radiation data and different models to calculate solar radiation on surfaces. Methods like sun path diagrams and instruments like the horizontoscope are used for calculating the amount of available solar radiation are discussed and used in laboratory work. A special application treated is daylight and the way in which buildings and their windows affect daylight in different types of buildings. Please note that this reservation is only to buy the certificate and not to participate in the course. To join the course please register through this webpage.
Termine / Veranstaltungsort / Kosten
Veranstalter und Veranstaltungsort
VeranstalterUniversity of Freiburg
Department of Sustainable Systems Engineering - INATECH
Zielgruppe und Voraussetzungen
ZielgruppePre-career and continuing education PV professionals
TeilnahmevoraussetzungenPlease note that this reservation is only to buy the certificate and not to participate in the course. To join the course please register through this webpage.
Inhalte und Lernziele
InhalteThis course covers the following topics:
- The sunand extraterrerstrialradiation
- Solar angles
- Visualisation of solar motion – sun path diagram
- Solar radiation on Earth
- Measuring solar radiation
- Calculating angle of incidence
- Solar radiation data
- Clearness index
- Calculation of radiation incident on a surface
- Anisotropicsky – Hays and Davies model
- Some rule of thumb
LernzieleAfter finishing the course, participants should be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of the characteristics of solar radiation before and after passage in the atmosphere.
- control the basic geometry and concepts concerning solar motion and be able to calculate the effect of orientation of a surface on the incident solar energy.
- review different ways to measure solar radiation and identify the limitations of different measurement methods.
- understand different kind of solar radiation data and how to use this data for calculations
- use different models and appropriate approximations for calculating the solar radiation incident on different surfaces
Format, Abschluss, Qualitätssicherung
Lehr- / Lernformat
Termine und Fristen
AnmeldefristBooking of the certificate is possible all year round.